An Aggressive Drug Possession Lawyer
Crimes involving drugs are some of the most heavily prosecuted crimes in the United States. The federal government has taken a hard line against this type of criminal activity, because drug trafficking is believed to be a source of a great amount of violence in the country. For this reason, the percentage of drug offenders convicted and the number of months of jail time they are sentenced to have increased dramatically over the last several decades. Consider the following facts related to drug convictions:
- 77% of drug offenders are prosecuted before U.S. district court judges.
- Drug defendants accounted for less than 20% of all federal prosecutions in 1981. In 2006, they accounted for more than 35%.
- Of all cases brought to federal district court, drug cases have increased at the greatest rate in the last 25 years.
- In 1981, 76% of drug defendants were convicted. In 2006, that number had increased to 93%.
- Only 79% of drug offenders were sentenced to prison in 1988. As of 2006, 93% of drug offenders receive jail time.
- The average prison sentence for drug offenses was 71.3 months in 1988, and 87.2 months in 2006.
These statistics show a trend that you cannot ignore, especially if you are being charged with a drug crime in Santa Rosa. Today, you are more likely than ever before to be sentenced to jail time. This is why it is vital that you hire an aggressive drug possession lawyer to fight for you. At DUI Attorney Santa Rosa, we will do all we can to achieve a favorable outcome against these ever-mounting odds.
A Successful Drug Rehabilitation Lawyer
In every case we take on at DUI Attorney Santa Rosa, we utilize a number of methods and defenses to try to achieve the most favorable outcome possible for our clients. Some of our more common defenses include the following:
- Affirmative defense of legal ownership
- Denial of ownership
- Entrapment or illegal search and seizure defenses
- Insufficient legal justification for police to make contact with the defendant
- Illegally issued search warrants
- Illegal detention of individuals, vehicles, etc.
- And more
Our experienced and successful attorneys will assess your case to determine which route would be most beneficial to your case. Then, we will go to court for you and fight to get you fair treatment and a just outcome.